Prepare yourself for the election by Making a Plan:
- Find out if you are registered to vote. Check your status here.
- Register if you need to. Update your existing registration if any of your information has changed.
- Find out the primary and general election dates in your state. Put these dates on your calendar.
- Request a vote-by-mail ballot if you intend to vote by mail.
- Find out where your polling place is, whether it’s your precinct or where you may Early Vote, to note any accessibility problems you might face.
- If you need some instructions or want a demonstration of your district’s voting system or accessible equipment, call your Supervisor of Elections.
- Review a sample ballot. If you did not receive one in the mail, most Supervisors of Elections have them posted on their websites.
- Arrange any transportation help you might need. Do this in well advance, not on the day you need a ride.
- Don’t forget to VOTE in the primary and in the general elections.